Thursday, February 11, 2010

Chapter 38: On Karma-driven temptation

here I invent a new temptation method.

I'm so happy - today I had  my first real temptation success. Not a soul brought down to hell - but at least I've pushed a human to do something evil. Banzaii!

In the last days, my coworkers had teased me for my Karma investigations, claiming they were worth for nothing. Guess what ? They were wrong.

This evening I saw a man in the tram who thought about what had happened earlier in the afternoon - a young man with a coloured shirt and too much glue in the hair. The advertizing company he works for had just signed a very profitable contract due to a "genius idea" involving a mammoth, a lightbulp and a... well I don't remember what else, and it doesn't matter. Point is, his boss had wrongly attributed the idea to him, although it was actually his coworker's idea. The man in the tram was in a dilemma: Should he tell the boss it was his coworker's idea, or do nothing? Telling the truth was "the right thing to do", but letting the boss believe it was his idea could earn him a raise...



This is just the kind of situation every tempter is waiting for. I decided to play the Karma card and wispered into his ear: "When you tell your boss the truth it might earn you some karma - but if you get this raise, you could spend a part of it to Haïti and get even more karma !"  Once I felt that my victim wasn't insensible to this argument, the rest was easy. I showed him in his mind an image of an imaginary Haïtian beauty on the ruins of her home, looking for food and crying over the loss of her family, and then an image of his coworker in front of his plasma TV, eating potato chips and watching a football game (my patient didn't like football). The choice was easy. He decided what I wanted him to decide - not for himself, but for the Haïtian beauty, and particularly for the Karma she produces. Victory!

(By the way, I doubt he will ever spend money to Haïti. But even if he does, this will not be my problem but the problem of the poor demon who happens to be next to him in this moment.)

 Anyway, this Karma approach seems to be a great method to gain points - and who knows, maybe even souls?

1 comment: