Thursday, August 27, 2009

Chapter 12: On Strasbourg

In which you learn that I won't come to Canterbury to tempt you.

I've got the answer: I won't be sent to Canterbury. Too bad. According to my "mentor" there may be two reasons: First, everybody wants to go to Canterbury. Secondly, the Canterbury Cathedral is a very strong bridgehead of the Enemy, an age-old symbol of faith and religion. Remember what I wrote about symbols? It would be simply to dangerous for junior tempters to start there. Not that Corporate gives a damn about whether a demon gets into trouble or not - but they simply can't afford losing demonic ressources without reason.

In fact, I will be sent to a city called Strasbourg, in a country called France. I looked it up in the library but didn't find much, just a mention about the cathedral and an image of a Gargoyle.


It seems that humans have never finished the second tower of the cathedral - so it's an unfinished, deficient symbol, like the incomplete sigil of mine I posted some time ago. In consequence, its power as symbol is much less dangerous for rookie demons. Maybe that's why I am sent to this city.

Either that, or infernal administration simply assigned me to a random location. Which is in my opinion much more likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment