Saturday, August 1, 2009

Introduction

In which I present myself.

Please allow me to introduce myself: I'm a demon. My official name is "Underling 3281772", but my friends call me "Zogg". Well, what we call "friends" down here in hell - other demons I hang around with. I don't have any particular sympathy for them, neither have they for me - feelings like this are unknown down here.

You might imagine me as impressive creature, kind of a giant red satyr with dragon wings, but if you do so you are wrong. Being a small employee of the infernal administration, I rather look like this:
Up to now I worked as a soul accountant in the Second Circle. A boring job. Most jobs in hell are boring. Hell is a giant bureaucracy, each damned soul requires tons of paperwork, each soul captured by the Enemy needs even more.

But I'm lucky. Some months ago I've found out a dirty little secret of a co-worker who happens to have some connections to an assistant of Lord Valac, so I proposed him to keep my mouth shut in exchange for a little help... And guess what: Last Baalsday I got a letter concerning my transfer to Temptation Department.

I start tomorrow morning. Can't wait! And who knows, maybe I will soon be sent to Earth, to meet those strange creatures everybody is talking about: Humans.

I wonder what they look like.

1 comment: