Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Chapter 30: Alife!

In which I cross the River of the Dead back to life.

I'm alife! Don't ask me what happened - I've no idea. The guards who came to my cell didn't bring me to the dogs pit, but to the prison door where I was released without any explanation. Maybe it's an intervention of my mysterious "friend" (see  Chapter 25).

I was eager to leave the 6th so I went on my way back. The Fallen Angels who guard the Wall of Dis were no problem, after a short look into my papers they let me go. I'm writing those lines in the ferry boat across the river Styx. Phlegyas, the ferryman, is a quiet guy. I had to wait for the ferry - Phlegyas is much busier that his collegue Charon who plies the Acheron between 1st and Reception Area, as there is no Downway between 5th and 6th. I've no idea how he manages all the traffic all alone.


When I'm on the other side, I just have to get to Styx Terminal to take the Downway upwards towards 2nd. I hope I'll not be sent immediately back to Earth, I need some rest.

Or maybe I could do some sightseeing in fifth - I've never been deeper than 4th in my life. On the other side, sightseeing in Hell can be a dangerous thing... We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment